Welcome to my Blog

What a great way to make connections with people and share in my artistic journey. I hope that you enjoy my postings and get to know me better.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

SFCA Designation


Hi. Yesterday was a great day. I heard that I had been accepted as a senior member of the Federation of Canadian Artists. This gives me an SFCA signature status. I am very honoured to have attained this and I now feel I have to work really hard to live up to it. The process involves having a history of being accepted into juried shows and then submitting images plus originals to be juried by the board of governors (SFCA'S) You need a majority of votes to then be accepted. I have been a member of the Federation for about 17 years. I took their foundation courses and have been exposed to some inspiring instructors.  Over the years I have taken workshops and participated in some wonderful events. It has allowed me to make connections with other artists and to grow my skills and confidence. If you would like to know more, their website is http://www.artists.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment I appreciate the feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails