Welcome to my Blog

What a great way to make connections with people and share in my artistic journey. I hope that you enjoy my postings and get to know me better.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

New Work

Feeling Blue, 30"x30", acrylic


I just took this one out to the http://www.birthplaceofbcgallery.com/ . The windblown trees and the shapes of rocks and waves are always an inspiration to me. I grew up by the seaside in England and I think my heart is close to the ocean. I love the smell and sounds of the waves and gulls. I like to say that I don't need to be in it or on it but I like to be by the water. I don't often put people in my work. I like to look at a painting and imagine that I have discovered it, a quiet place for me to explore.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda,
    It's a pleasure to find your blog! I love your work. I just found you from reading your comment on Liz's blog. It's funny - today I had a very frustrating painting day. I'm focusing on my journey but just wish I was at a different spot on the road! argh. But I know it's a path...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim,
    Thanks for the comments, I really enjoy making these connections with other artists. I know what you mean about the frustrations. Yesterday I whited out something I was struggling with. We need to trust that with work comes progress and everything comes in its own time. I think that if we are not struggling then maybe we are not improving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this painting. You have great skill. It reminds me of all the time I spent on the outer coast of BC as a child. Good job. I recently took up painting again after a decade off and I can only wish i could paint as well as you. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I appreciate the feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails