Welcome to my Blog

What a great way to make connections with people and share in my artistic journey. I hope that you enjoy my postings and get to know me better.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Painting with Feeling

Tofino Morning, 18x36, acrylic


I really think it is important to have a feel for what it is you are painting. To know your subject and have a sense of it. We have been visiting Tofino for about 30 years. It is on the west side of Vancouver Island and has a wonderful wild and natural feel to it. The beaches are vast and wild and the Pacific Ocean pounds against the rugged shoreline. It is a favorite subject matter of mine. As I am painting I feel myself there amongst the rocks and windblown trees at the shore. I have a sense of what it is that I am trying to convey. It is such a humbling thing to try to capture the power of nature in a painting. It is certainly a challenge for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment I appreciate the feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails