Welcome to my Blog

What a great way to make connections with people and share in my artistic journey. I hope that you enjoy my postings and get to know me better.

Monday, August 16, 2010

Back from Holiday

Misty Shores, 22x28, acrylic


I just got back from a trip to Vancouver Island. We explored around the Port Renfrew area. There are some wonderful rugged beaches and trails to check out. I got some good subject matter and I look forward to posting some new images. We have been having a heat wave here, and it is very hot in my studio. I find I tend to wilt in the heat and I am not very productive. I hope to get it in gear later in the week. This is a painting that I did a few years ago. It is very much like the area that we were just in. I have always liked this piece. I think it is important to try and capture the atmosphere of a place, I did a number of glazes on this and it helped to give it that misty quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment I appreciate the feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails