Welcome to my Blog

What a great way to make connections with people and share in my artistic journey. I hope that you enjoy my postings and get to know me better.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Trees

Twist and Shout, 30x30, acrylic


I just love to paint trees, they have such wonderful character. These are arbutus trees, they have great colour, rusts, mauves, oranges, ochres and greys, and their trunks and branches twist and turn all over the place. The bark peels back and reveals even more colour beneath. I enjoy stylizing the shapes and colours. This piece was inspired by a trip to Hornby Island a couple of years ago.

5 comments:

  1. Great work on those trees, i can tell you love trees, they are hard to paint, but seems that you understand them very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jesus, you paint trees very well.
    Love how you stylize them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful light in this piece. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! And fantastic title too!!! I really like the colours you used, and the shapes are perfect for an arbutus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy you get such stunning color. Really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I appreciate the feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails