Welcome to my Blog

What a great way to make connections with people and share in my artistic journey. I hope that you enjoy my postings and get to know me better.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Texture and Colour

Sentinal, 30x24, acrylic


I have been wanting to add more texture and interest to my paintings. I want to enjoy the actual physical quality of the paint and layer and glaze to create more interest in the surface. In this one I toned the canvas with a strong bronzy colour and then built it up using some translucent, opaque and transparent layers. I let a lot of the original colour come through in the rocks. I also built up texture with gel medium. I find that I am excited to try something similar in the next piece, I need to really play around and practice this kind of thing.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful effect Amanda, those warm colours really give the painting life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Love this one. Great technique. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors in this painting. They are so rich and luminous. Looks like a wonderful direction to head into. I look forward to seeing what you do next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning as always! Your sense of light is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SOOOOOO in love with your paintings! I love your colour palette - it really speaks to me!!!! I love seeing your work on-line - I will have to see it in person one day soon...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been following along for a little while now and wanted to say hello. I have enjoyed looking at your work so thank you.

    I have had your past couple of posts in mind as I have been painting. I work with acrylics also and have been finding my results flat. I have started adding texture and glazes (as you have been doing) and am starting to appreciate the effects. I have also added some paper to the underlayer for added pexture. Just thought I would mention it since we both seem to be grappling with the same issue.

    Thanks again:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Estoy maravillado con tu trabajo. Bello color y destreza en la pincelada.
    Felicitaciones.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I appreciate the feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails