Welcome to my Blog

What a great way to make connections with people and share in my artistic journey. I hope that you enjoy my postings and get to know me better.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Painting Big

Power and Glory, 36x48", acrylic


I really enjoy painting a large canvas. I find it very freeing to use big and bold brush strokes. I seem to be more expressive on a larger scale. Last year we travelled to Powell River, B.C. and saw some beautiful sunsets. That was the inspiration for this piece. On my first attempt I had the water much too busy, it seemed to compete with the sky. I calmed it down and I am happier with the peaceful feel of the painting. I always like to try and draw the viewer in, so it was important to have a sense of perspective in the sky and the water. I think I will do some more of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment I appreciate the feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails