Welcome to my Blog

What a great way to make connections with people and share in my artistic journey. I hope that you enjoy my postings and get to know me better.

Monday, November 8, 2010

Another Trail

Forest Trail, Tofino, 30x30


Well I just can't resist these trails. They are so full of character and atmosphere. The trees are so old and the branches hang down and reach out creating wonderful patterns. I always find the values to be a real challenge in this type of scene. I tend to try and simplify it by making the foreground dark and the background light. It is easy to get carried away with lots of little highlights dancing all over the place but that can fragment the whole image and take away the strength of it. I also painted this with quite a limited palette. Ultra blue, cad yell light, aliz crimson, brt sienna, yellow ochre, thalo green and titanium white.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors. Love the soft complements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like how you captured the feeling of light in this painting. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful painting,great colors, congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your feedback, it is so nice to hear from people with shared interests.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to walk on this trail. Your paintings are so beautifully filled with color and light!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This a gorgeous painting Amanda, and you're entire blog is totally inspiring! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your work is lovely! I especially like the greens in this scene along with the loose rendition of your trees. That shot of gold in the upper right is sweet candy.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I appreciate the feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails