Welcome to my Blog

What a great way to make connections with people and share in my artistic journey. I hope that you enjoy my postings and get to know me better.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Edges

Sunlit Shore, 22x28, acrylic


I find that working in acrylics I tend to get a lot of hard edges. I am trying different brushes and strokes to help me with softer edges, especially with my tree shapes. This piece is actually a rework of a much older painting that I felt was not working. I am much happier with this one. I tried not to overwork the trees and to leave them with an airy feeling. I find I like to mix it up once in awhile and I try to apply the paint in a new way. I also played with some texture by patting gel medium on the canvas where the rocks would be.

1 comment:

  1. Great work Amanda, what is stopping you from working with oils?, at your level, you could fly with oils, oils allow you to use more tecnics

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I appreciate the feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails