Welcome to my Blog

What a great way to make connections with people and share in my artistic journey. I hope that you enjoy my postings and get to know me better.

Friday, February 26, 2010

Olympic Experience







Good Morning. My husband was a little miffed that I introduced the dogs before I made mention of him, so here goes. My wonderful husband, Allen, has recently been working as a volunteer with the Olympics. His job was as a driver of a member of the IOC family. His client for the last two weeks has been from Syria. He was a world champion weight lifter and also sports minister for his country. Allen has worked long hours, but has also seen alot. It has been a wonderful experience for him. We were both invited as guests for dinner at the Olympic club on two occasions. It was a very interesting experience, I shook hands with Jacques Rogge and learned alot about the perspective of someone who lives in the Middle East. He has experienced many Olympics and commented that this is the most beautiful city in the world, and that we are very lucky to live here. I felt extremely proud of Vancouver at that point. We really should count our blessings. Back to Allen, I could not ask for a more supportive partner, he is my best friend and advocate of my art career. He has picked up bits of information about art and is proud to make seemingly informed comments at various art shows. Somewhat like the comments I make regarding hockey games.

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your website. Very well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda, and Allen! I too am an Olympic volunteer - and am learning bits about art as a supporter for my wife's art, Heather Anderson. As a volunteer I have had a great expereince being involved in the communications centre of the Stadium, and just helping out - it is amazing when you don the blue uniform how many folks ask you questions! Amanda good luck with the blog, like to hear how this goes for you, Cam Anderson Webmaster of www.MyArtClub.Com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cam, I'll let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I appreciate the feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails