Welcome to my Blog

What a great way to make connections with people and share in my artistic journey. I hope that you enjoy my postings and get to know me better.

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Still Life

All Aboard, 8"x10", acrylic on canvas

A small painting a day seems to have become quite a trend among artists. I like the idea of honing your skills by working on something small and immediate. It requires you to think about, composition, form, lighting, shapes and colour. Being a landscape artist I felt a little out of my comfort zone. I went to the fridge and found a few colourful items and just put them together on a white plate. I had a number of light sources and found that a bit challenging. When I used to teach beginner watercolour I would always recommend just starting with some fruit and vegetables as subject matter. Easy to find, very colourful and the shapes are interesting,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment I appreciate the feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails