Welcome to my Blog

What a great way to make connections with people and share in my artistic journey. I hope that you enjoy my postings and get to know me better.

Monday, September 6, 2010

Trails

Rainforest Trail, Tofino, 30x30, acrylic


I just love to paint a trail. It is such a natural way to lead the viewer into the painting. I want them to wonder what is around that corner beyond the trees. I want them to smell the forest and the ocean beyond. There are some wonderful trails around Tofino and the Pacific rim on Vancouver Island. The vegetation is very lush with salal and ferns. The forest is quite shady but as you get closer to the beach the light starts to dance around, and you can hear the waves crashing. I used some brush strokes that almost scrubbed the paint on for some of the foliage, it worked quite well. This much green is always a challenge. This image seems to have a lot of light reflecting off the canvas, sorry about that.

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is wonderful. I love paths too. Your greens and handling of the foliage is so rich and I can really feel the atmosphere. Your discription makes me want to be there. There is, like you said a little glare on the canvas, but it just makes me think how fabulous this must be in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first visit to your blog, but won't be my last. I just love your work! Your trees are especially full of character. I look forward to seeing more of your work in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I appreciate the feedback.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails